Harmful Trojan was found in the Android version of the famous CamScanner App. Google took action and removed it from the Play Store.
CamScanner posted an update on its Official Twitter Account.
What is the problem?
According to HackerNews, CamScanner is affected by a Trojan due to which Attackers can steal data from your Android Phone. A hidden Trojan-Dropper module has been found within the app due to which attackers could download external software to your phone.
What you should do?
If you are on Android and you use the free version of CamScanner, then follow these steps:
- Save all of your documents to your phone Gallery.
- You can do it by selecting all documents and tap Save to Gallery from options.
- Uninstall CamScanner’s free version immediately.
- Look for CamScanner alternatives below.
Free CamScanner Alternatives
1. Microsoft Office Lens – PDF Scanner
Download Microsoft Office Lens, which is the closest competitor of CamScanner. It is totally free and free from ads.
2. Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner, OCR
Along with being a PDF and Document Scanner, Adobe Scan is also very good at OCR. It means it can detect words written on the scanned photograph. You can reuse that content from the scanned document anywhere else.
3. Scanbot – PDF Document Scanner
It has been selected in Editors choice by Google itself.
Watch this space for more updates about CamScanner.
Check out our list of Best Android Apps this month.